Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Pearly Pinkk & fake crackle/shatter nails

Sally Hansen Nial Prisms Pearly Pink layered over 3 thin coats of Wet n Wild Frosted Fuschia

  I found this older SH polish for $1.50, a few months ago and never got around to wearing it. Someone else in my town scooped up most of the older Sally Hansen Nail Prisms that were delivered, so I only grabbed this and another one that I already had. This is the Canadian exclusive (lol) called Pearly Pink. It is a sheer pink with heavy teal and blue flash.  Here is Lextard's photo,   I am pretty sure its the same polish.




below is Wet n Wild Frosted Fuchsia - which is not a frost at all! It is a very bright shimmery polish that took 3 thin coats to get to opacity. This is another polish that I picked up a few times and put doen at least 4 times over the years.

Wet n Wild Frosted Fuchsia - 2 coats.


.....and finally for shatter-day ( lolololollooolllll!!!!!!! ) - my fake shatter crackle/nails. I am not loving the shatter look, it is cool and i appreciate it on other peoples nails but I don't really like it. I am surprised that it is so popular - every display in department stores in my town are sold out, with the exception of a few bottles of gold from Sally Hansen and Nicole by OPI ~ I guess gold shatter isn't popular.

So here is my 'fake' crackle polish. I started with a base of a greyed out lavender franken, then painted on black jagged shattered pieces, and topped it off with a coat of Pure Ice Rio. This is as close to crackle nail polish as I will get.


black water-based acrylic paint and a little brush................

I did this immediately before taking my polish off, so I didn't bother adding top coat.
0



6 comments:

lindsaylemon said...

I'm envious of you! They had all the prism polishes for cheap in Toronto and my friend got them, and by the time I went they were all gone. :(

Kay said...

You are so clever! (whispers-I'm not into crackle either);p

Anonymous said...

I love that wet n wild polish!

Gottwinkies said...

I love the pink mani...I'm not a fan of shatters either, except for maybe some of the metalic shatters over a similar-toned based....

Thi said...

Heyy...lol I wish I had the steady hand to do imitation shatter! It's funny, we're like nail twins...my favorite brands are also Sinful colors, Wet n Wild, and Pure Ice. But I don't have access to a Loony Twoons OTL. Check out my blog if you like? Imma newbie.

http://theartofpolish.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Amazing pink!!
Your fake shatter is really fun!