Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BOOM! Glitter explosion


this is 2 coats of Revlon Hazy, followed by 2 coats of Sinful Colors Aruba Rhythm. i used my new stripe polish to create the lines, then applied a blob of clear polish and added the larger magenta holographic hex glitters to the base of the lines, then swept more clear polish sort of following the lines and gently sprinkled on the smaller holographic magenta hex glitter.

I tried to place the large hex glitter on my nail individually, but it was taking too long, so I added a blob of clear to the base and scooped it up and sprinkled it on my nail. I used a fluffy brush to pick up the smaller glitters and tapped and waved it over the wet clear polish. Glitter is fun to use for mani's but very messy.

This is one of my favorite easy to do looks. It did eat up alot of top coat - next time I won't use so much glitter. If it is a holographic glitter a little goes a long way.  On my right hand I did not add the shimmery Sinful Colors polish and did not add a s much of the larger holo hex glitter, I liked it better then with the shimmery polish and if I repeat this look I will be sure to use a plain creme base for my lines & glitter.


stuff  I used; Revlon Hazy, Magenta stripe polish & two sizes of  Magenta holographic Hexagon glitter

drew lines, blobbed clear polish and added large glitter to base of lines

 added clear polish along lines and sprinkled on smaller glitter

added 2 coats of TC


Revlon Top Speed Hazy, 2 coats with Top Coat

2 coats of Revlon Hazy & 2 coats of Sinful Colors Aruba Rhythm with Top Coat

I'm doing all my glitter work over the sink and washing down any fallout - glitter is messy but beautiful


17 comments:

Definitely Addicted said...

Wow! That looks awesome!!!!!

Kayla101 said...

This is so pretty! I love it!

GothamPolish said...

This made me smile :)

Minty said...

Okay, favorite mani from you--period. I feel like I'm always saying or thinking that but this is seriously gorgeous!

paint that nail said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Great job!!

♥beauxs mom said...

Love this the contrast with the gray&purple is beautiful and then glitter too omg wow good job!

AbsolutelyAddicting said...

Oh my word! I'm in love! i love the contrast of the colors and the glitter.. heck all of it :)

FOREVER '92 said...

That is such a gorgeous purple striper that you use for this mani, and you gotta LOVE the glitter explosion ^_^

Unknown said...

wow there i love this! where did you get your glitters from?

shel xx

Angeles said...

This mani reminds me of fireworks!

Vivjena said...

Amazing nails...;)

Fiona said...

This looks so amazing, love it!

Madita said...

WOW! Stunning mani. Might try this on myself with different colours. xx

Gemx said...

Wow, this looks amazing! It is really eye-catching! Love the idea and how it looks :) xx

Freshie said...

So cool and creative how you did this mani!

Lucy said...

That's some explosion of glitter. Love it.

Danielle! said...

Amazing!! Perhaps I'll try something along these lines with all the glitter I've stocked up on