Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Claire's Poison Apple


Claire's Poison Apple, 3 thin coats with 1 coat of Nailene TC layered over a golden chrome polish. I feel a little disappointed with this polish, even though it is very pretty, I wish it did not have the boring base colour it does. In some lighting it looks like a run-of-the-mill mulberry/red shade. In many lighting conditions the golden/copper duo-chrome flakes look fabulous.
 

This polish; Claire`s Candy Apple, as well as Claire`s Venomous dried very fast. The effect in both of these polish's is very pretty & I recommend layering them over an opaque base.




 For underware I chose Sally hansen Chrome in Gilded Pearl Chrome. This had no effect at all on the final colour and finish of Claire's Candy Apple, I just wanted to reduce the appearance of bare spots and the amount of coats of Candy Apple that I would use. The photo below is 2 coats with NO TC.


Here is Claire`s Candy Apple, layered over Sally Hansen Gilded Pearl Chrome. My thumb is 1 thick coat, the rest of my nails are 1 coat each of varying thickness.... the only photo I have to show the transparency of Poison Apple.

sun

shade with flash

These next two photos are interesting, its amazing that this is even the same polish!The one immediately below is a photo directly under my light source.....

.... and this one is less than 8 inces away from my light source! = weird, but pretty♥



9 comments:

Supersparklekitty said...

I love Claire's Poison Apple,Venomous,and Evil Queen!

Lauren said...

I love that this color varies soo much, I think its amazing in all lights =)

Anonymous said...

I need to try these Claire's nail polishes. They are beautiful.

Megan Harmeyer said...

I love colors like that! Man...I need to get to Claire's.

Kaitlyn said...

very pretty! isn't it crazy how one polish can look completely different depending on the light? makes for interesting nails, though!

jaljen said...

I like it. There's a hint of Bad Fairy in there.

Aly said...

Gorgeous polish!!!! _Behind MAC, it reminds me an old Chanel: Palpitant.
Too bad it's so sheer.

Unknown said...

Adorei as cores, perfeito!
http://maniasdadiva.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

I just bought this polish today, couldnt find the other two though. I think this is such a pretty color and since I couldn't get my hands on MAC Bad Fairy I figured this would suffice.

Great Pics!

-Melanie

thenailventuress.blogspot.com