Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

♥ Fetish 'Gravy Train' & 'old skool' Nail Fetish Polish's ♥



4 coats of Nail Fetish Gravy Train with base coat and Nailene Top Coat


I found these at a local bargain store, along with a few other older Sally Hansen polish's which I will post tomorrow. I did not know there was another deep sapphire blue polish with smaller glitter like Essie SSN out there.... So this was a cool find. The green shade 'Lizard' is drying on my nails right now and I will likely post it tomorrow a.m. The magenta shade 'Grape Crush' has a coarse, grainy glitter that is gonna need 2 coats of T.C. The glitter is pretty sparse in 'Crush' but I just bought it for nostalgia.


On my nails is Gravy Train = what an awesome name! This is a very pretty colour with lots of golden shimmer. as you can see on the bottl eit says 1995 = Cool! I remeber these polishs and I also rememeber having the fake coloured nails that this company sold. The nails came in a spiral shape and they were really cool colours of the false nails; hunter green deep plummy purples etc. I used 4 thin coats and am happy this colour is not too shimmery.

This was 4 thin coats I used a base coat which I normally don't do, but after my final coat of Nailene Top Coat this dried perfectly and I had no problems.


Indoor Fluorescent

Ha ha ha 'Gravy Train'

Shade with Flash

Shade

Shade with Flash

Sunshine

LEFT TO RIGHT

Gothic;  a sapphire blue with small silver glitter
Gravy Train; a pretty shade with gold shimmer
Lizard; a rich shimmery hunter green
Grape Going; a pretty magenta with coarse silver glitter
Crush;Holographic multi sized glitter = very sparse

Outdoor shade

Indoor flourescent

I did not know there was another deep sapphire blue polish with smaller glitter like Essie SSN out there.... So this was a cool find. The green shade 'Lizard' is drying on my nails right now and I will likely post it tomorrow a.m. The magenta shade 'Grape Crush' has a coarse, grainy glitter that is gonna need 2 coats of T.C. The glitter is pretty sparse in 'Crush' but I just bought it for nostalgia.



The rest of these are bottle shots outdoors in the sun


Gothic

Gravy Train

Lizard

Grape Going

Crush



7 comments:

peripatetic33 said...

i'll be looking for the lizard - hee hee hee
i saw a green anole this evening

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

We have chameleons and sometimes they are green (out in the grass), sometimes yellowish brown (on the patio or side of the house.
OMG...I LOVE Gravy Train. Reminds me of the 'Pink Floyd' song. ;)

PolishFreak said...

OMG!! LOVE THIS COLOR, IT IS GORGEOUS!!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

♥ peripatetic33 - thanks, whats an anole?

♥ Kimberly - Thanks - I will look up that song

♥ Polish Freak - Thanks it surprised me.

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Spectacular Color!

Arrianne said...

We call it riding the gravy traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain. Cool colors!

Anonymous said...

i realy liked gravy train, i tried buying it online, but dint find, where can we find it, am in USA. or can u suggest any other brand with same color.