Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

JOE Fresh 'Espresso'



I was worried this one would just be another 'looks black except in the sunshine' kinda polish, but this is actually a great espresso color. This is 2 coats with no top coat, as I want to see how it wears without it. I find this formula to be reminiscent of the N.Y.C. polishes... they even have sorta the same smell....

I think this color is very pretty and was hoping to add a dark rich shimmery brown to my collection that did not look black indoors and under most lighting conditions. I despise these big knobby brush handles and usually avoid polish's with handle like this. I was hoping they would just pop off rvealing a smaller skinnier round handle.Why do they make them so awkward? Do and nail polish lovers out there actually like these big knobbly brush handles? 

These polish are currently available in Canada at most Loblaws, Fortino's or Superstore  = whatever they are called in your Provence. They are 3/$10 or 4 bucks each for 6 ml. The formula on these three is fabulous and I am very grateful for that. But ........I think they are overpriced and if not for the kitschy-ness and these 3 pretty colors I would just stick to my other favorite drugstore brands.

-Sun-

- flor -


- - flor ~ 1 coat - -

- 2 coats no T.C. -


Gunmetal, Peacock, Espresso =  2 coats each with Top Coat

flash photos are not working out well for me..................

3 comments:

Skulda said...

I need to go grab some over the Weekend. *sigh*

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

Tax free this weekend, more saving for these polishes :-)

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

Skulda - Hope you found some nice ones

Halifax - I thought these were the only three I would like - everything else seemed a little bland. I also am a cry baby and hate the knobbly white brush handle.