Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

♥ Ruffian w/ Sapphire Blue Franken ♥


Can  you tell I am in love with this mani ? - Here is a 'ruffian' with a base of a franken I made with Wet n' Wild Blue Sapphire, which I am calling 'Arctic Sapphire' by adding some white polish in a 3 to 1 ratio. I applied the Nailene French tip guides at the base of my nail, and then added only 1 coats of Wet n' Wild 'Sapphire Blue'..... I let it dry, removed the nail tip guides and then applied 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. I fudged up my ring finger and scraped away some polish..... but I am not taking this off.

I must be inhaling too much nail polish & remover - becuase I cant believe I had these nail tip guides and I did not figure out that they would be prefect for a ruffian = DANG!!!..... I know it can be done free-hand, but i don't roll like that. I need stencils & guides.


UPDATE; below is the three french tip guides Nailene makes, first is the one for toes, then the strait one, then the regular curved french tip guide that is widely available. I know at some point ( no pun intended) there was chevron french tip guides readily available in stores..... For this ruffian mani, I have used the first curved french tip guide on the left.



Anyhoo -  here is 1 million photos. Wet n' Wild 'Sapphire Blue' is an awesome blue polish ~ I cant get enough of it and always want to use it on my nails.... These nailene tip guides are more curved then most regular tip guides available in stores.....they create a deeper curvy-er curve than the regular tip guides..... I will be putting togetehr a comparison next post.



stuff I used


2 coats of Franken -'Arctic Sapphire' and 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong T.C.
Apply tip guides to base of nail
this was 1 coat of the awesome  Wet n' Wild polish 'Sapphire Blue'







apply tip guides to dry nails, after a coat of T.C.
 A coat of Wet n' Wild - 'Sapphire Blue'

franken 'Arctic Sapphire'



ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh



7 comments:

WizardsOfBling said...

Wow! That is really nice!
~Sylvia

KONADomania said...

Gorgeous franken! And that's the way I would do the ruffian, with french stickers, great! Love the end result and the colours combo!

Perles & Paillettes said...

This is gorgeous ! I tried the hand drawn ruffian mani and failed, next time i'll use french guides for sure ! It worked perfectly for you :)

SailorWifey said...

I need to go out and get those guides. Your mani came out perfect! I love it. I Have yet to try the ruffian b/c I typically use blue tape for my frenchies and I dont think it will work.

ainos2 said...

I love your franken! Such a pretty shade of blue. It goes well with WnW Sapphire Blue. haha...I roll like you- with tip guides!
I like the small toes guides for my nails too. Whenever I see them I buy the whole display o_O. I have those chevron guides, though they are somewhat difficult to find.

Pinky said...

Ooo this is so cute!! Have you tried putting the guides the other way where it forms an arch following the white part at the base of your nail? Always wanted to try that with black and red.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

♥ Wizards of Bling - Thanks!

♥ KONADomania - Thanks!

♥ Ayuu - Thanks! I need stickers too!

♥ Brittany B. - Thanks! These were worth ti to have. It does make things a lot easier

♥ anois2 - Thanks! -you- use tip guides , too? Your manis are always perfect!

♥ Jane Arneta - Thanks! This will be an amazing mani with Black & Red ( red base? )