Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

♥ Franken 'Arctic Bijou' with some simple nail art ♥

Franken 'Arctic Bijou' and Nailene White Skinny Tip pen

I made this pretty pale blue franken with Wet n' Wild 'Bijou Blue' and a white polish. I think it turned out to be a very pretty blue, and looks lovely with this soft white French Nail Tip Pen. I started with 2 coats of my franken ' Arctic Bijou' then applied Nailene french tip guides diagonally across my nails, then went over the area 2 times with the french tip pen ( index was 3 times )...... I find this 'skinny' french tip pen to be a softer white then the other french tip pen I have..... I will be putting them against each other...... soon♥

When all that was dry; I made sure to wait 15 min  for everything to dry = and 5 minutes between each 'coat' of the pen- I removed the french tip guides and applied Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat to the white tip area of my nail, extending the clear T.C. a few mm over the 'ridge' that is formed when using any type of sticker.... this ensures that the white french tip pen area is sealed within the top coat♥

When that was dry, I applied Nailene T.C. over my entire nail, being sure to add T.C. to the very edge of my nail.

Here is a full post of this franken made with Wet n' Wild 'Bijou Blue'   I am gonna try to do most of my newer frankens with Wet n' Wild products as they are available to most North Americans....

Because I did not snip the french tip guides where they were extending off my nails touching my cuticles, I had a bit of bleeding of the french tip pen, and so I tried to be stealthy and gently scrape it off but i totally dug into the blue polish below - dang! oh well, nothing some glitter or pretty nail stickers cant take care of. However I do try to snil any tip of nail sticker guide which extends off my nail, this helps to ensure there is no bleeding.


- simple easy to do mani.....

@ 2 coats of franken 'Arctic Bijou' & 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

products I used

be sure to apply T.C. to the very edge or face of your nails - I find this helps to reduce chipping & tip wear

pre clean-up

over zealously scraping away the 'bleeding' of the french tip pen = dang!

2 coats of Franken 'Arctic Bijou' & 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat
Apply tip guides
2 coats of the 'Skinny' French Tip Pen
Apply T.C to white french tip area, extending a few mm beyond the white area & edge/face of the nail = when dry apply top cot to entire nail

















viola! oops =  a fuzzy pic♥




5 comments:

Enamored Enamel said...

this looks fabulous! I think I need to try something like this

polishedlyrics said...

Ohhh thats beautiful! I love the diagonal french tip line.

adorepink said...

So pretty! I'm going to try and pull this off with my tip guides.

ThRiSzHa said...

this is pretty.. i would love to try this on my nails...

Perles & Paillettes said...

Really nice mani ! Your franken is a beauty :)