Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

3 Awesome Things




Gosh- I have been meaning to post this forever, This nail polish remover that I picked up in the U.S.A. is awesome..... It is a different formula than what I am used to; it leaves an oily residue on my nails, and still removes polish just fine. I am not sure if you can get this in Canada - I have never seen it before. However I really like it. It is safe for false nails, and does a good job taking off my polish.


I know I have mentioned this other product before- Avon Moisture Therapy Hand Creme, I apply this with a tiny brush around my cuticles before I polish my nails, this helps prevent nail polish from adhering to my skin. I still end up using acetone to clean up little bits of polish around my cuticles, but this makes things alot easier, and has softened up the little bits of skin around my 'free edge' of my nails....I know you can still purchase this Avon hand creme. In North America you can find this smaller size for $0.99 cents sometimes. Its worth alot more- because I have had this small tube for a long, long time.


Below is a photo of how I take off most polish now, especially glitter. I find that applying a cotton ball with nail polish remover onto my nail, then 'wrapping' it with tin foil, makes taking off polish a breeze. I would generally do this with glitter polish = but now I do it with ALL polish.


anyhoo- these are 3 awesome things worth sharing with everyone.

 




3 comments:

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

I heard that vaseline can be used to stop the polish to stick to your skin as well, but haven't tried. The hand cream might be easier :-)

Unknown said...

I use this method for glitter as well. and it comes off n a breeze, its the best nail tip I have ever picked up on...AWESOME!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

♥ Halifax - I find that a thicker barrier creme, such a s this one, does not get smeared as easily as Vaseline. I have also found that later on in the day, if I hav not used acetone and a tiny brush to clean up any polish mistakes, this Avon creme absorbs water and the polish sorta falls off...... usually after regular hand washing or a nice shower......

♥ Jackie S. - This is great for glitter! I can't believe all the time I spent getting glitter polish of my nails...