Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

♥ Wet n' Wild 'Sapphire Blue' ♥






 ~Wet n' Wild 'Sapphire Blue' 2 coats & 2 coats of Nailene Top Coat ~


Yippee - I am back to my long "Trophy Wife" nails for now. This is the gorgeous inexpensive polish, Wet n' Wild - 'Sapphire Blue'. For $1.57 CAD this is a exceptional shade of richly pigmented color. The shimmer in this is so pretty, and can be seen in office/average lighting. I have seen this sitting on the shelf at Dept. stores or pharmacies for years and years and never bought it, I used to have a touch of snobbery when it came to bargain brands of polish..... But am I ever glad that I have this.

I am shocked with myself, because I have been wearing this polish plain, just 2 coats with T.C. for almost 3 days...... no glitter, no nail stickers.....

This is two coats of 'Sapphire Blue', followed by 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. I did have a few subtle bare spots, but I plan on doing some nail art with this beautiful polish. I have seen quite a few items from the Wet n' Wild line on clearance at Zellers stores in my town..... I wonder if they are re-vamping their packaging? I know you can find these polish's all over North America, and I have seen Wn'W products on the blogs from over seas as well ( in super cool bottles ♥ )

At this time, there is a windchill warning for my region of the country, the temperatures are between -25 and -40 Celsius which means instant frostbite. So trying to take photos outside is not happening for me. I know I have seen a photo of this polish in the sunshine on someones blog.....  So all my photos are indoors under fluorescent lighting. I know I can take the cold, but I am worried about my camera and do o not want to risk damaging it in the cold weather.

 Are there any other Wet n' Wild  "Drugstore Stunners" I should know about? There is an amazing Wet n' Wild neon-ish coral that I can never find and can't remember the name, as well as a few traffic stopping Fuchsia's..... off to Google for some swatch hunting!.


Here is a comparison of  Wet n' Wild 'Sapphire Blue'  & N.Y.C. Skin Tight Denim..... 'Sapphire Blue' is lighter, and seems to have more of a lighter base and larger shimmer particles...... or just much, much more shimmer.




~ Thumb Sapphire Blue 2 coats - Index Skin Tight Denim 2 coats ~






 



 



 


3 comments:

Tabula Rasa said...

Dude! you're so lucky you can find WnW at Zellers. Here on the "Wet coast" I can only seem to find them @ W*Mart. And no wonder the shelves have been so bare, a clearance! Or it could be the fact I've been buying all the colours out. I think I picked up the coral you're talking about in my last haul. hold on, I can check.

Are you looking for "Blazed"? It shows as too pink on the WnW website, but this: may be closer:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10315654

cheers

jaljen said...

Great, strong blue. If only we could get half this stuff in the UK! *sobs*

Paige said...

That is a stunning blue!