Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

♥ Nailene reveiws ♥



I am so thankful Nailene contacted me to do a review of their products. I have used many different kinds of false acrylic nails and have found that Nailene & Fing'rs to be wide enough for my nail beds. I received this lovely package and sampled the goodies immediately. Below are a quick recap of what my experience and thoughts of these products. The only product I have not used -yet- is the Nailene Acrylic Fill Kit.

I am grateful that there are other people who have blogs who are showing everyone different cosmetics companies and especially nail care products from different regions of North America and the World. I have discovered so many products and useful information through this medium and wish that this exchange of information was around a long, long time ago.




Wow- this took forever for me to do a round up of all these goodies.
I wish I had more time because I would do my nails more than 3 times a week, and have more time to write & post.

♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥


~ Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat ~

The Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat wins for odor alone. Because I live in central CANADA, I will be doing my nails indoors through winter so I need to consider using less 'odorous-ly potent' polish's.. Of course all polish has chemically smell = there is no escaping that. However I have used some top coats that are sooooooo strong in the past that they are almost unbearable to use. Sally Hansen has 3 really good quick dry ones that are readily available at grocery stores and pharmacies, they do dry fast but those too are strong smelling & extremely noticeable to me. I love China Glaze Fast Forward, but it is soooooo strong. In summer when I do my nails outdoors these things are not a problem.  But I could not have my hands less that 2 feet from my nose for at least 3 hours, when I used ChG F.F.


BONUS; I have something non reflective a a prop to take photos with.....
 

The survival rate of Nailene Acrylic strong is like all top coats I have used. I am always busy doing crafty things, working with sharp wires, glue guns etc. and household tidying up and such, so it has the regular average wear and tear. It dries fully within 15 minutes with a regular manicure. It is available in local stores; drug store and department stores, which is awesome. And I have found it to be priced lower than other readily available Top Coats.



♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

~ Nailene French Manicure Kit in # 66337 ~

I loved the blue flash in this French Manicure set, but thought the base color was a little too yellow for my skin tone ( # 66337). This kit included the white french tip polish, the buff sheer color and nail tip guides.The brush on the white french tip polish is much smaller than a regular nail polish brush for more detailed application.... Though now that I have found Nail tip pens with felt tips, I am totally spoiled and will likely opt for those instead when I need to do a white or black french tip.








♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

~ Nailene French Manicure Pen in White ~

When I first saw these in the store - I thought that they were a 'nail-polish-in-a-stick'. These Nailene French Tip Pens are not a lacquer, they are not a nail polish. These are an easy to clean up, water based product. When you use this product you must use a top coat, or a sheer shade of nail polish over it. These are not a nail lacquer/ nail polish which is a good thing. They are extremely easy to use, and when I get a hankering to do a french mani, I will absolutely turn to this as opposed to the traditional way... At first I used tip guides ~ but found that after some practice with applying this product and letting it dry thoroughly =  it was very easy to remove any little mistakes I made by using an orangwood stick to remove any product that was out of line.

I have seen three shades available - White, a Perle Pinkish-White, and Black, these are roughly $6.00- to $9.00 in my town, depending on where I shop. Taking a photo of the tip of this French Tip Pen, was extremely difficult= that's my only complaint so far, taking a proper photo of the tip. I would say that the applicator tip of this product is very much like a highlighter marker...They certainly did a great job with the packaging, it seals tight with a viscous 'click'. I am keeping these in their packages in an upright position when not in use, but I don't think there will be any problems due to the way this applicator pen lid, and its closure, was designed.

~ this is the packaging from the French Manicure Pen in Black ~


This is what I wrote in a previous post about these Nailene French Tip Pen in Black, and it goes for both that I have tried...  { Should I quote myself on my own blog? , that seems awfully strange to me.... whatever.

"Here is what I think is an awesome french mani pen, in black. These are not like the Nicole's 'Nic's Sticks' or the Sally Hansen polish pens, those have actual bristle brushes. I was hoping that the Sally Hansen polish pens, and the Nick's sticks would have this type of 'felt' applicator. OH WELL! I was happy to come across this, because those were really hard to use. This French Tip Pen- is more like what you would find on a highlighter marker, it is stiff, and delivers the right amount of color, and very easy to control. The formula is thinner and so it is easier to maneuver. Of course you don't have to use nail tip guides, but I wanted to. A few swipes across the tip was all it took, and due to the stiffness of the pen it was easy to get into any areas I missed (tiny bits on the corner of my nails.)"





♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

~ A great Bargain ~


After getting some glitter & franken pigments into my first bottle of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat and wanting a white French Tip Pen as well, I was lucky to find this duo package at Shoppers Drug Mart (CANADA) for $9.00..... S.D.M. is a fancy-pants drug store in Canada which is way, waaaaaaaay overpriced. I have always found Zellers stores (CANADA) stores to carry the most extensive selection of nail care products, false nails and polish  = and to be actually stocked with products.  I was hoping to find another black French Tip Pen, but our town is cleaned out of them - for now. Something I will be hunting for in the big city. Anyhoo this was a good bargain that I couldn't pass up = last one too♥






♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

~ Nailene French Manicure Pen in Black ~

And here is the black. This was a very pigmented french tip pen. This was only two 'coats', I did have to fill in some areas as this manicure, below- was my very first try with this product. I applied a peachy-buff base-  let it dry, applied tip -guides, then applied the Nailene French Tip Pen in two coats, letting it dry for approx 3 to 5 minutes between coats. I peeled off the tip-guides, fixed up any mistakes and filled in an area I missed. I let it dry thoroughly, then added 2 coats of Acrylic Strong Top Coat.






♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥




~ French Manicure Kit with an opaque White polish Base ~
{ ♥ with stickers to the rescue ♥ }

While I appreciate the subtle-ness and class of a nice french manicure - I need my nails to be over the top - even if it just a subtle glitter that catches my eye, or a color so bright even I do a double take. This is in extreme contrast to my dislike of my skin having a Bart Simpson-ish glow when photographed due to lighting and such. {I know, I know......}.  I found the buff shade in the French Manicure set # 66337 to be a little too yellowish, despite the cool subtle blue flash.

So I felt that by applying this over a base of white would really bring out the prettiness of this buff shade and was eager to see how it would look.... I started with 3 coats of white, 4 coats of the shimmery pink color and then added 2 coats of top coat.  Thats 9 layers of polish! I was a little careless and totally messed this mani up. = lesson learned =. I think it turned out pretty anyways, and I added nail stickers to areas that had any scrapes and dents. I went a little overboard with the stickers, but think it looks pretty anyways. It's good to have nail stickers on hand for situations like this!  They are extremely handy,easy to use and are readily available. Nailene & Fing'rs have a generous amount in their packages.







 ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥




~ Nailene French Tip Pen in black w/ Pure Ice - Oh Baby' ~ 

One thing I rarely mention about my natural nails - other than that they are razor thin and even worse - razor sharp, is that my  LUNULA is differently visible on each nail. While I did not stay home from the prom because of this, on several of  my nails my lunula is barely visible, but others very easy to see..... So whenever I notice this it's one of those silly things that irks me. Part of the beauty of a french manicure - I feel- is that the Lunula is visible beneath the buff shade of polish...... so I pay no attention to it and just do an opaque polish then the french tip.. However, In the past when I would do french manis I would use white polish to highlight the Lunula on each nail.... like the 'Reverse French Mani' that has become popular.

Anyhoo---  Below is a another pretty manicure using the Black French Tip Pen. I started with a base of 2 coats of the nailene Buff shade form the French Tip kit, and then applies a coat of Pure Ice - 'Oh Baby'. When that was fully dried, I applied tip guides and used the french tip pen in black, 2 coats. When that was dry I removed the tip guides- removed up any 'mistakes' and applied 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. When that was dry I had to add a layer of Pure Ice -'Oh Baby'... It looks soooooooo good over black, in fact I think that pure Ice - 'Oh Baby' has been gorgeous over nay shade of polish I have tried.  I know it's not available in CANADA, but I would say that is a must have polish!





 ~ Before adding  another layer of Pure Ice 'Oh Baby' ~

 ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥


~ Nailene French Tip Pen Black ~



This mani started off with 2 coats of a bargain opaque buff shade, I waited for it to dry, stuck on some  tip guides and  then applied the Nailene French Tip Pen in black, waited for it to dry and then applied Acrylic Strong Top coat..... { I did not add any glitter to this like I had imagined I would }



 

~ This is the only decent photo I could take of the TIP of these French Tip Pens ~

 ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

~ Nailene French Tip Pen in White w/ Glittery Tipz ~


 I needed to add some glitter to this French Manicure.....I loved the look of this loose craft glitter and was always hoping to find a glitter nail polish that had this color and type of glitter in it. I actually tried to Frankenstein a glitter polish, using clear base and this same craft glitter, but the survival rate of the glitter was not good and I had to scrap it. So for this mani I applied clear polish over the white french tips, then sprinkled on this pretty craft glitter, made sure it was dry then applied 2 coats of clear top coat to seal the glitter in.

 
 

 ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥


~ Nailene 'So Natural' - False Nails  ~
 
 I was happy to review these nails, they are a very pretty french nail, they are wide and square shaped = which is awesome to see. So often I would purchase false pre-painted nails and they would be too thin for my wider nail beds, as well as being very round at the base of my nail. I can easily remedy a much too round nail bed by filing and shaping it with a nail file, but when false nails are too small for my wide nail bed there is really nothing that can be done. So I am delighted that more false nails are readily available in wider sizes.... These were a nice sporty length of false nail and came in 12 sizes which was rad =  even a size that was large enough for my right thumb, which has always been a problem.

 


2 comments:

Lucy said...

How nice to get some Nailene products. They look really nice on you. I've used the guides and I really like them. I can't do a French tip neatly so I need those guides. I like the black pen. Looks easy to use. Love the line of glitter also.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.